I lost my Grandmother

 On the 8th of this month, I received the most shocking news this year. My Grandmother passed on!! Remember she stayed back last year February because she found out I was pregnant but didn't get to carry the babies. She also took ill same time I was about to give birth. She survived that episode of sickness. After the new year celebration, she decided to go back to the village. We accompanied her to the airport on the 17th of January. Little did I know that was going to be the last I'll see her. We even spoke on the 31st of January, my birthday. That was the last I heard her voice.

We called her Mma Mbaise ( Mbaise mother). I've known her from when I could recognize faces. She bathed me, fed me and nurtured me and I prayed she did same to my kids but unfortunately it didn't happen. Not only me but my siblings and cousins and even some of my cousin's babies. She is survived by 6 children, 29grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. I'll miss her, her smiles, stories very intelligent stories, her words of wisdom and guidance, her Care and love. She had names for each grandchild and great-grandchildren. Mine is Adaogaranya which means Princess. She called that name with so much love and ease. 

Rest on Mma.. hmmm.. this life is a mystery!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts