Checking up on you!!

 This year we have to be intentional about meeting our needs.. How's your year unfolding?? I hope you are not being hard on yourself? It's going to be fine, hang in there!! 

I almost did not tell how my holiday went. My younger sister visited a day to Christmas and her visit revived me in ways I thought impossible. I had her undiluted company save for when she had to chat or made those ' calls'. It felt good to have her close, we discussed, reminisced, cooked, baked, fried, shopped, hung out and organized my husband's birthday party. She was the brain behind all the variety we enjoyed because left for me, it would have just been an ordinary holiday.. I was so glad to have her around and felt a pang of emptiness when she finally had to leave. Please say a good prayer for my sister!! She was a good relief!!

So to you out there who might just want your space, it's fine but not for too long. Sometimes we get relaxed and relieved by having a family or friend close by to help in your journey of grief.. let them in..

Comments

Popular Posts