Living a life of Gratitude

Most times when you have what you need or want in life especially at the time you wanted them, a feeling of pride sets in. You begin to give all praise to your efforts and none to God or those who might have helped along the way. You see no reason to be grateful for the littlest blessings because it came at your beck and call and a feeling of entitlement comes when there's a little delay. That's not how to live.
When I discovered that I was pregnant, I was excited like any newly married woman would be and somehow along the line, I became too familiar with my blessings and it was just okay to not notice little to be grateful for. It hit differently after the stillbirth. I  eventually learned to appreciate a lot of  little things I took for granted. That song that said ' you don't know what you've got till it's gone' made a little more sense. I was grateful for the smallest prayer answered. I appreciated my husband and mother better. I started living a life of Gratitude and it helped in my healing process. 
So whenever you want to get too familiar with that blessing or that prayer answered, think about if it was taken from you or never got to you. That way, you get to appreciate the tiniest gifts of life that comes to you.

Comments

Popular Posts