Accepting condolences from frenemies

 ðŸ˜…😅😅 This particular topic brought a smile to my face because 'we are many on this table' (experience holders). What was condolence visits, calls and messages like for you? For me, it was OVERWHELMING!! I would cry at some and reflect at some. Some condolences brought  light to brighten up my day while I couldn't wait for others to get done and over with theirs. Some made it all about them. I do think that a lot of people just need to be schooled on how to console others.I think it just gets down to knowing your place in the life of the bereaved and keeping it real. Don't start acting like you care in death and pain when you didn't care in life and Joy. There are people who just outrightly come out bitter when it is all rosy for you and the same time pretend to be shocked and unhappy about your loss. As a matter of fact, I knew people who were 100percent happy about my loss but disguised to share in my pain so that it won't be like they never cared.  Let me tell you guys something!! People are generally envious of what they do not have that others possess especially if they  yearn for it. It's the human nature but getting jealous to the extent of wishing someone losses his happiness just so you can be even is downright evil.  So what do you do or how do you react when these condolences come in from frenemies?  Act strong even if you aren't. Act like you've got it. Don't get vulnerable with them else you'll be letting your guoards down. Only Be vulnerable with people who you know have got your back with their lives. People who are happy with your loss only want to see you sober and in pain. Don't give them that power. Accept their condolences and well wishes in strength. I did. Let them know that you can handle it. That way you are building strength and courage unknowingly and looking back, you'll be glad you did. 

Comments

Popular Posts