My husband's reaction

 Today I went to buy groundnuts at a fruit market. I love snacking on groundnuts by the way. When I got there, the lady selling just said 'congratulations'.  I understood that she hadn't seen me for a while and my tummy was flat, moreso I always patronize there so I was a regular face. Then I replied with a thank you and just made her know that I lost them. She said ' and your husband always comes here and he never said anything'. I just smiled and asked to be given groundnuts. While I was at it, a man beside me sympathized with me and added that he had been in such situation with his wife and knows exactly how I feel. He said in his words ' I became the enemy and when I opted to take a walk from home to clear my head, I still came back to serve my punishment'. I bursted into laughter because I could relate. Mehn I disturb my man Sha!! Besides getting upset with anything, 80 percent of the time, I blamed my husband. I got upset if he laughed, went out, came in, frowned, smiled , ate, slept๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… It wasn't funny!! I just wanted him to be in the mood I was at any moment especially when I was sad and moody and unfortunately for me, he had already moved passed what had happened. I must admit that I admire my husband's strength and ability to trust in God even in the face of adversity. He really showed me an unwavering faith and belief in God. He prayed, sang, laughed and was always bubbly. If at any point you saw him sad, I caused it. I can't even get to explain the many times he encouraged me. He always said ' leave this thing for God, he'll take control, I've told you to leave this thing for God'. That was his national anthem in the house. My husband was just the pillar I needed. At a point, he almost gave up on my nagging, still he reflected and consoled me. I thank God everyday for him and I couldn't have asked for a better husband. 

Comments

Popular Posts