Finding out about the loss of my momo twins..part 2

 I guess I have to rewrite again. The previous post just blanked out. Anyways I needed that break because recalling events that are excruciating can be excruciating.. Moving on, I remember having breakfast and there was still no response or movement. My babies would always move while I was in the kitchen and after eating. They loved eating. One thing I miss about them was that they were so peaceful. They didn't stress me at all, hadn't any morning sickness, no nausea or vomiting, no food aversion just had their favorite. I always told my husband and siblings that they were ancestors because they made me eat roasted yam and oil, swallow and they loved spaghetti. I could eat spaghetti morning, afternoon and evening. They disliked flakes and any junk. Not that I didn't have junks once in a while but I paid for it by visiting the loo throughout the day. My only symptom of pregnancy was  Just tiredness here and there and that was it.. I miss the peace they gave me. Anyways I didn't feel any movement throughout that day and funnily enough I wasn't agitated. We were even making arrangements with my mom on how she could assist us with a help that evening. I was thirty weeks in and was approaching my EDD so the chores I could easily do before became burdensome. The next day being the 16th, there was still no movement. I got a little bit apprehensive and why I said a little bit was because I wasn't experiencing any sign that something was up. No headaches, no discharge, just nothing and we had just done a scan on the 10th which confirmed that all was well. After breakfast and some calls, my husband and I hired a taxi to take us to the hospital. We drove to a few nearby private hospitals but it was either closed or the doctors were not available. Moreso, there was a little chaos in town which resulted to a curfew. After scouting around to no avail, we decided to go to the diagnostic center where we were told all was good. Luckily they were opened. I must admit that I was so tensed on reaching there. I don't know where it came from but it was OVERWHELMING!! We laid out our complaint and was taken to the scan room. When the diagnostic radiologist rubbed the jelly and ran through my tummy, I looked at my husband who was trying so hard to keep his cool and looked at the doctor who was already shaking his head in dissatisfaction. My heart started skipping a little bit than normal and all of a sudden, without a pause he insensitively broke the news. In his exact words, he said' there are no heart beats, they are gone'. In that moment, I became numb, my eyes were already drenched in tears but I was numb. My husband was also confused, asked again and got the same reply. I began to wail!! My husband quickly got himself together, helped me out of the room and into the car. I just couldn't believe what just happened or what had been told to us. My heart sank and shattered into tiny pieces. I think I will need a little more break..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts