Who are you listening to? (Feeding the mind)

 While grieving, I heard a lot of things. Not necessarily words from people but my thoughts, my intuition. I heard things like, you might not conceive again, it is what you did or what you didn't do that caused the death of your babies, it is God that is punishing you for your sins, your enemies are really having a good laugh. These thoughts kept creeping and gradually living rent free in my head. However I came to realization that one of the most powerful tool that the Devil or God can use to turn your situation around is your 'mind'. The mind is not insignificant as you think it is. It can make you well even in sickness or can make you sick in wellness. I changed my mindset and that was the beginning of my happiness. If you try to change your thoughts surrounding that painful situation, it can change the situation itself. It's all in the mind. That's why there's a constant battle of occupancy for the mind. What makes the difference is what or who you allow speak to you, Who you end up listening and adhering to. It's just likened to what you feed your body with if you want it to grow and be healthy. You can't feed the body with junks and expect to be healthy. Feed your mind with positivity always and see your life blossom. It's a daily meal, a daily discipline. Amidst negativity, feed your mind with positivity. Just like in the midst of junks, you feed the body with healthy meals. It's not going to be easy but like I'll always say, it will be worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts