Hormonal Interplay on the journey to recovery

 Why is that people don't talk much about hormones and their major role in the activities of a human, they are  seriously underrated!! These 'ghosts' can alter your tiniest thoughts. After I was discharged, I felt I could gradually handle things especially my emotions but that didn't work at all. Even now, I still struggle with hormonal balance. It gets overwhelming to a point of depression. People just attribute certain unfortunate outcomes to an unfortunate event. That contributes but hormones can take a total toll in the life of anyone who might be going through a lot or not as well!! You'll just be on your own and boom, mood swings, unexplainable anger, tears flowing like rain showers. There was a time it really got so intense, that I had to look in the mirror and ask myself why I was crying. I told myself to stop but the tears kept flowing then I started to laugh 😅😅😅, Omo I had to just pause oo before madness start.. Seriously people should be aware that hormonal imbalance can mar one's life. It can get you so emotional and sad and at the same time heighten your happiness level just to bring you back down again. It gets worse when taking drugs that can interact with your hormones, you will not even understand yourself again. One step that helped me gradually was understanding first, that this was normal and I had the right to feel the way I was feeling. Then I took one day at a time, understood when it came, said a prayer and didn't force myself to be in a happy mood when I felt sad. I allowed it but spoke to my support system about how I felt at the moment. If it helped, it helped. If it didn't, I'll give myself some time. Cry it out, lash it out but NEVER hoarded how I felt. I really think everyone should have a strong support system, have someone's shoulder who you always cry on. Don't be alone!! It's okay to have a quiet time but don't drown yourself in the agony you feel. You can take a walk, read relatable stories to encourage you, sleep, eat but eat healthy, don't junk away else you might end up fighting another battle. Just be kind and patient with yourself. It will not be easy but worth it. Know that your hormones are just trying to balance themselves and in doing that , it might inconvenience your emotions.. So it's going to be Fine!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts