Wedding Anniversary Atmosphere

  On the 22nd of August 2020, my husband and I tied the knot and looked forward to a beautiful union devoid of challenges we can't handle. When I lost my babies just a week to our first anniversary, the atmosphere and anticipation was not there. I mean we just lost our first issues and nothing at that moment made any sense. The day arrived and I had just been discharged two days ago. Apparently I was still chaotic in my mind and drowning in my pain. The atmosphere was blank and moody. My husband and I were just lying in bed and silent. We got few calls trying to cheer us up and all but it didn't seem to change anything. After hours of contemplating to hang out or not, we decided to give it a try. Checked a few places  and found somewhere secluded to chill. We spoke about our predicament and encouraged each other. My husband took few videos of us, I managed to smile and tried to enjoy the moment. It also rained heavily that day. I felt it was God wiping out the pain in our lives. I just took solace in what my husband said to me. He assured me that it will definitely be a different story for good by next year's anniversary and I keyed into that. I must say that Couples going through a loss should find solace in each other's arms and not see themselves as the enemy. The devil is!! So this is me believing that all will be well.. You should.

Comments

Popular Posts